Hello dead blog, sorry for ditching you all this time, I’m very busy last time with all the reports and tests and exams =/
Well since it’s holiday now, I’m planning to resurrect you from your dead xD

I didn’t realize how much time have passed since I entered uni, I can’t even believe myself that I just finished my first year in University of Malaya!!!! O_o

In this entry, I’m planning to reminiscence the overall ups and downs during my entire 1 year of uni life.


UM's Logo



“If you’re still like this, you won’t be able to survive uni life!!”
That’s what my parents always say to me before I entered UM. Those quote refers to how long I take to prepare myself, people that are close to me will know how lo

ng I usually take :p
Honestly I thought I’m not ready by then, but the f

unny thing is…. That habit is still with me, and guess what? I

survived uni life!!! Yay!!! Lol =.=



The first few weeks of orientation were a blast, despite the fact it mainly consist of doing “cheers”…. “KUAZ spirit KUAZ!!!
*AUMMM!!*
KUAZ!!!
*AUMM!!*
KUAZ!!!
*AUMM!!* (3 times)
*GRRRRR!!*
Those were amongst one (yes there’re a lot more) of our silly cheers xD


Look at those innocent faces being bossed around by the PM :p


And then, I still remember the first day I actually slept in the hostel, I didn’t actually slept in my own room, I carry my pillow and bolster and went to Huy’s room, since it’s the first night since my parents left me, I won’t lie, some tears did drop from my eyes (ewww man, emo much? :p)
So for the following days, I sleep in my room, and just realized how much better it is to stay alone xD


View from 3rd floor Block B


At that time, I always go to Wasiul’s room, and I just knew that he played Call of Duty (COD), so we started playing it via LAN. Then, one day, someone saw we were playing COD, his name is Eko, a guy from Indonesia, he thought he was the only gamer in the hostel, but now no longer ;)
Day after day, we managed to find few more gamers, and I recommend one of my neighbour to install the game as well. Last time, we managed to have a gaming session consisting of 8 people!!! (After I moved to the air-conditioned room)
List of the gamers: Me, Zaid, Mohammad Hassan, Eko, Wasiul, Hadi, Nanda and I forgot the last guy’s name since he only came once xD


Wasiul, Zaid and Mohammed playing COD


Moving on to my course…..sigh, my first impression of geology, is just…..hard, and IT IS HARD D:<
During first semester, I was shocked that I need to memorize all those rock names and its mineral contents and stuff like that x_x
Even the complicated fossil names!! I thought Im taking biology for a moment =.=

Things that we need to see almost everyday =_=


Those difficulties prepared me for my second semester, now I know what I’m expecting to learn in my course. Every once in a while I thought I took the wrong course…But I kept looking back, I always ask myself, why do I always score in geography during secondary level? Why did I write my future career as Geologist when filling up form before entering pre-university? Heck, even why my watch brand is FOSSIL?? I think that’s how Allah shows my path until now.


My watch ;D


In my class, I used to sit alone, not talking to anyone…Because I can’t really speak the Malaysian’s malay accent, and if I speak English, people might think im showing off my English or something like that…imagine a malay speaks English with another malay =P

Eventually I get closer to the chinese students, named Carthy, Sam, Poon, Hui Xin….They are really helpful to help me understand some of the studies. I’m not being racist here, I also made friends with the malays like Yaya, Jaja, Wanis, Huda and uhh can I include Michelle in here? ;P

Nobody in this pictures actually understand what he is saying ;P


University cannot be separated from social activities…friendship is a funny thing xD
Good old orientation times, when everyone seems lost, lonely and awkward. I remember when Amira asked me where am I from, I answered Brunei (well I’m from Brunei before I went there :p) and she was just like..oh okay.. lol
Huy is one of the first few friend I met, I don’t why, I think because it’s just weird to know that Vietnamese likes to eat curry :PP
During those times, I did make friends with the international students such as Toofany, Chingkiskhan (?), Wasiul, Rana, etc. but after orientation, they started leaving the college one by one.

Internationals~ ;)


Hence, I started hanging out and making friends with the locals. V Xim and Cheuwyan were my first 2 local friends I made; they were in the same cell as me during the orientation. Oh ya, that local dude named “Asy Rady” also become my friend after some conversation during orientation since he is in my cell as well.

After that, you can refer to my previous entries to know what happened, I don’t feel like writing it again :PP

One day… I was bored, and I saw some Singaporeans playing badminton at night, since It has been a long I do sports, I decided to join them for a while. That’s when I met Asyura, Unaizah, ermm who else were there? ._.
Well the point is, after that, I started to know more and more Singaporeans that stayed in the hostel xD

I never done any kind of “business” before, the APK (basic entrepreneurship) course last semester was my first time involved in that kind of stuffs. That was the first I went out with Sapinah, Fatin & Azie to buy stuffs to sell on the next day. We are selling fried foods like nuggets, French fries and beverages like Lychee and “Float Cinta” (Literally Love Float) which is just a normal float xP

I remember Fatin shouted “Float Cinte~” at that time to attract customers, not bad :P
There were also International student in our APK group, Ahmad from Somalia, Abu Bakar from Nigeria, Adilla from Thailand, and there was one more girl, but I forgot her name ><
We name our stall as…Obsidian Palace…because….Obsidian is a rock, and most of us are geology student, so you do the maths ;P

:D


One of the memorable things during my 1st semester is when International Student group arranged a trip to Pangkor Island for 3 days and 2 nights. I get to meet one Bruneian girl when Rana and KZ were asking each country need to sing a song during our trip there xD

It was a nice experience, my list of International student friend expanded ;)

Fun trip!! Sorry cant join the trip for 2nd semester :(


I almost forgot to mention, I really miss the ramadhan time in UM. Me and Wasiul and I think Eko was there too, we usually played games at night until sahur time. I remember I skipped the sahur few times, due to oversleeping =_=
Usually we just break our fast typically in the cafeteria, but one day, Asyura, Amira ( I think she was there), and is Aziza there too? Dang I forgot >.> So yeah, we walked to the “pasar malam” nearby the LRT station to get some nice food to break our fast. I remember I bought the cendol and nasi + ayam goreng P:


omnomnomnomnom xD


After ramadhan comes the best part, HARI RAYA!!!!
The college arranged a raya feast, it was nice, and I think I already post about this before where George took all the satays xDD
I also attended a Bruneian’s apartment for open house with Azfar (& his gf Raimi) and Farhan (Wasiul’s Ex-roomate). I get to know Amal and Beh there ;D


One random day, someone messaged me, it was Hajar…she invited me to her aunt’s open house for Hari Raya, I was grateful and confused at the same time, last time me and Hajar didn’t talk that much, yet she invited me o_O
It turns out she just want me to accompany Huy, because apparently he was the only guy that she invited lol xD
Bana was there, and I met Liyana and Nana, and the senior-looking Fathi xP
Thanks for the invitation Hajar, really appreciate it ^^


Ratio 2:6 xDD


Enough of the fun parts, time flew so fast, and exam time came. My last semester’s result sucks, because I went to Indonesia for 1 week during the study week break D:
Well, as long I passed all the subjects I’m cool with it :PP
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
HOLIDAY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

What? You think that’s all? Now moving on to the 2nd semester~~~ :PP

My room was in a horrible dirty condition after the holiday, so I spent more than 3 hours cleaning the room.

Wasiul's bed


My bed ;)


Semesters 2 was rather dull in the beginning, still the same hard courses, rarely went out, basically nothing special.

The 2nd intake for international student came, I just knew that new intake guy is Aziza’s brother, his name is Ahmad….and I also get to meet my friend from previous school, Zizul and a girl named Siti. It’s fun showing them how UM is, acting like an amateur senior lol xD

There are 2 new International students in one of my class. The first one is Mehran, a guy from Pakistan and Hyungbin, a girl from Korea. They are fun to hang out with. But too bad, Hyungbin is just an exchange student, so she’s going back soon. Take care~ don’t forget me, I might visit your hometown one day =p


The guy with the cap is Mehran, and Hyungbin is the 2nd girl from the left ^^


Me and Wasiul started playing chess for few weeks. Mohammed also came to our room sometimes since his roommate, Tareeq, went to Yemen for industrial training.

Look who's winning :p

Since Im taking my Introduction to Malaysia course this semester, I need to get into a group to have a trip to explore more about Malaysia. The people in my group are: Brooke and Deng Xin from China, Courtesy from Nigeria, Kefriman from Indonesia and Raihana (the leader) from Iran.
It’s a fun trip; we went to Putrajaya from 1pm until 7pm ;)


Putrajaya~


And for my presentation skills class, my 2 presentation topics that I did were about “Anime and its impact” and “Vocaloids”
Yea I know I’m an anime geek, at least my topic is unique, not like the usual drug addict or HIV/AIDS topic :PP

I bought a YES 4G broadband, only cost RM99 and no monthly payment (if you didn’t exceed the limit). Although the limit is rather small, 300MB, its usefull for times when UM wifi is down. Download speed averaged about 200kbps which is good. And another reason why I bought it is because to play online game (ragnarok online) since UM wifi blocks online games ;p
Go buy it, it's worth it ;D


I decided to volunteer to help organize the Xplorace (hostel activity). This is the time when me, Ayuni, Hasanah and Mohammed get closer. Not only because of the meeting, but we also went out together for the first time to get the materials for the events.
Another highlight of the semester, the Mandeta (malam anugerah pendeta), it’s some kind of annual college dinner which is held at Palace of the Golden Horses. The hotel is HUGE, and grand, 5 star hotel no doubt. I’m sitting with Deborah, Dorenna and Belinda. They’re the only one I know, the others I don’t know :PP

xD


"family picture" lol

After that no more special events held by UM or college. The next few weekends consist of going out with Ayuni, Hasanah and Mohammed. They went to restaurants that I never visited before, like Manhattan fish market and the seafood restaurant nearby KLCC.

At Nando's, before they sent me back to Masjid India :D


We went to PC fair, walking for quite a long time, and I bought the most things, hahahah “ayman’s day” huh? :PP
The memorable outing was when we went out to watch Sucker Punch movie in the afternoon in KLCC, and at night we went to Midvalley, and out of nowhere, we booked a movie ticket for Hop which is 11.45pm!!!
OMG, that’s the first time I went out for late night movie (lol poor me). And the movie finishes at 2.30 am. Not to mention the taxi driver ripped us of that night =.=

*punches*


Hajar and Murni eventually started joining us for another few hangouts. Seriously, if I’m gonna mention all the hangout that we did, I doubt this website can fit it in :PP
We also hangout at the café almost every day, and Murni introduced to me a card game “monopoly deal”….it’s like monopoly, but in card form =X
I think we should give our group a name….what about The Usuals™ ?? hahahah lame

playing card in the middle of the night ;D

Oh oh one more thing, thanks to Jodie for hanging out with me last time at Midvalley. Sorry I can’t accompany you to Pavillion or Timesquare although I wanted to go there badly Dx
we still have next sem, hahaha xD

And special thanks also to Wendy and Zhihui for the sushi king and movie last time ;)
Don’t forget to invite me again if they have sushi king promotion next time xP

10 plates of sushi, burpp~ =X


Did I mention that I get rejected from becoming an ISC PM this semester? And I also get rejected for….nevermind :P
Oh well, life~ this thing happens aye? ;)

I guess that pretty much summarizes my 1 year in UM. I’m gonna miss all of you especially The Usuals™ . Hopefully you guys will have fun ^^
Goodluck to those undergoing the PM training, goodluck also for those going for exchange and not to forget those who took special semester >:D
Enjoy while you can, InsyaAllah we will meet again after 4 freaking months :’)
Sorry if I wrote something that might offend you, I wrote this at 6.30 in the morning and now it’s already 11.30 x_x
breakfast time~~ bye bye!!!

The Usuals (by Ayuni :p)


<3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As time passes by

Holiday Summary