Holiday Summary

Ok!! I seriously need to update my blog now, at least I update it twice a year :PP
Hmm.... starting from the start of the holiday . . . .

Our holiday starts on the 14th May, I took my flight back to Brunei on the same day as the holiday starts. The first dew days were soooo BOORINNGG, because I'm used to the routine of going out almost everyday in KL. . . .but in Brunei, my parents controls me T__T

But I overcome that boredness by playing my usual favourite online game, Ragnarok Online :D


My Whitesmith :P


Out of boredom, I submitted my picture for the Otaku House cosplay competition, just curious how many "likes" I will get xD


The photo that I submitted, me as L


Few days after that, RanoAdidas, a famous blogger from Brunei, invited us (the cosplayers) to join in to make Consumer Fair in ICC to be merrier! Since I didnt have any new costume at that time, I decided just to do closet cosplay to be an ANBU from Naruto.

From the anime.



and..... That's me xD

I just used my robe, or in malay, jubah or gamiz, and wear the gloves that I bought long time ago. The kunai belonged to Auzee, and thanks to Ong/Zhakuro for pre-buying the mask for me :PP

It was a nice happening event, I get to meet the other cosplayers too ^^. Too bad, I didnt stay long enough to join the group photo and some of the stage performance x(

So my routine changed from facebooking and going out, to playing games and sleeping :/
But a good news came, there will be a convention in July!! It's about gaming and cosplay. So I decided to join the cosplay competition, but only group performances are allowed.....So I wasnt sure at first..... But suddenly.....


ohh lookie, a new message :O

It turns out the message was sent by one of my junior, Siew Ping. And out of the blue, she asked me to join to her sister's group for the competition. "I guess it's now or never", I told that to myself. . . . so I ended up accepting her request =X

So I asked her who will be in my group. The group consist of 5 people: Ting, Jiuan, Kat, Farah and myself (Jiuan and Ting are Ping's sisters). . . .and. . . .I never meet any of them by that time o.o

Since it's a group performance, sooner or later we need to meet up to discuss. After discussing at facebook on where to meet up, we made up our mind and met at Ping's house xDD


At her house, the one in Black is Farah, Ting (blue), Jiuan (red) and the last one is Kat ;P

It was awkward at first. . . .I thought Ping will be there to ease the atmosphere, but no, I end up surrounded by unknown people ._.
Our first idea was about circus theme, but it doesnt feel right....so the 2nd idea is about some love/drama/action thingy =/
I was the last one to go back at that time, Kat and Farah went back early, and Jiuan and Ting just play their Maple Story ;O

Few days after that, me and the "Mai Mai Mai" gang decided to go to Maktab Duli to check on the MangAnime Club (we used to be a member) and the new science building. And I also need to meet up with Jiuan, Kat and Farah for further cosplay discussion .



The balloon that were originally planned to be used for the circus act.

Oh and I almost forgot, Anati told me in facebook during that time that "sorry, I'm still in UK, I wish i can meet up with you guys :(", LIESSS!! Good thing froggy spoiled your plan ;p

*tries to find the picture from facebook.....* wth Ong!! Why some of the pictures that you uploaded is not there anymore ._.
Not to forget the our usual Super Smash Bros Melee gaming session in the club, its been a long time since I fought Akif's Peach and Samus xD

My new personal favourite character after jigglypuff, mewtwo!! >:D


Before 1st of July, there was a usual gathering/gaming at my house. The one who came were Hanif, Ong, Anati, Akif, Nisa and Fath (Im not sure, I think he did came =/)
I copied few animes from their HDDs, like....12 seasons of POKEMON xDD


After that, I think Fath didnt want to join us as we are going to Jerudong to literally eat the famous grilled chicken butts, or as they called it "tongkeng" :d
I didnt expect it will be that nice O__O, each of us ate like 3 sticks of it xD

Butts on fire!!!

And before going back home, we went to visit Jerudong Park, just to look around what ride have been added/fixed since the total shutdown few years ago. It was around 8pm that time, my parents keep calling me as usual :p

Jerudong Park's gate


Next, on the 1st July, there was a photoshoot from a magazine called "Cluster" that are going to cover for the upcoming Expressive Arts Convention. The photoshoot was held at Asma Hotel, and so I cosplayed as Kyouya. There were also a briefing about what we need to expect from our performances, since the event are going to be held at the same place.


I am the one with the blue coat
(and why does the arm looks -.-) photo taken by ScarySoul


For those who wanted to know how Kyouya looks like in the anime

Jiuan (she is our group leader by the way o.o) and her sisters also came to Asma hotel. Ping just arrived from Singapore that time, thanks for the candies ;P


The 3 sisters, the other one is giving the briefing =X

If you wanna know more about who came and what cosplay they did, just look at the video above. Credits to Shiqah Hadi from capturing and editing it ;)



Since the competition is just 15 more days to go, we need to meet up again, this time at Kat's house. Kat picked me up since my parents cant sent me x_x
We crossed out our first 2 ideas and make up a new one, this time the idea is based on the "Phoenix Wright" game. I never played that game before, so I was astonished when they told me what to do, and the script was quite long for people that have bad memory like me :P
By the way thanks to Farah and Kat for the sushi and orange juice p:

Farah just arrived :D

We practiced for around 2 hours, I felt some how embarrassed when I practiced my line, especially the shouting part lol xP
Again, I was the last one to go back T__T

Finally the big event announces. . . .*drumrolls* EA CON!!

;D


I woke up quite early on the 16th July, so I will have enough time to prepare for the event. I arrived at Asma around 10++am, meet Nancy and requested her to do the make up thingy lol :P
Met a lot of the juniors for Manganime Club like Ameera and Abby ^^


Me as Shinra from Durarara, and Ameera as Ciel


How Shinra looks like in the anime

So in the first day, there were a lot of activities such as the kungfu-like demonstration, yoyo performance, stage games which I participated. They asked all the participant to copy the manager's dance move, it's easy in the beginning, but as it carries out to more than....15 minutes of continues movement, my leg started to hurt lolol xD
and I gave up, leaving the stage as the 4th last man standing, only the last 3 people that can stay gets the prize, oh well~ (i think the dance name is...zumba dance? i forgot :S )

I was with Ong and Anati for almost all the time, thanks for the photos Ong :P


Anati with her so called "everyday fashion" =.=

17th July, the 2nd day of EA con. . . .the day of our performance! X___X
In the morning, I went to saloon to ask the hairdresser to make my hair look like the character Im going to cosplay as, but he cant do it nicely, and I need to restyle it myself. . .which is still a fail....but looks better though :p

So as I reached Asma hotel, I asked Nancy to do the same thing again. After that Jiuan told me to go to a room to do some rehearsals.

So at first, each group and the members need to introduce themselves. Jiuan was the first to go up the stage with her awesome doll cosplay ;D
Followed by me, Ting (Ethan), Kat (Sunako) and finally Farah (Fuu). I looked funny when I did the 2nd pose =.=


Our group leader (Jiuan) signing us up for the competition

I dont really wanna write about our performance, well basically its an idea from Phoenix Wright about a murder case. I am the defender, doll is witness, ethan as judge, sunako as defendant and fuu as the prosecutor of the case (not to forget ping behind the scene controlling the background music for us xD ). Everything was quite ok in the beginning, but after around the half of the script, I started to forget the lines, arghhhhhhh!!! I screwed our performance. . . good thing I can recall the line after a few seconds (imagine if I just give up X_X). Oh well, we didnt win though, but at least the audience gets a few laughs :P


Not really a group picture though, Ethan wasnt there.
From left: Farah, Ema, Ping, Jiuan, Kat, Me, Jackelyn

Oh I think I forgot to mention what I'm cosplaying as. I went as Lelouch from Code Geass. The picture below shows how he looks like in the anime ^^





Here is a video about the highlight of the EA con event created by the same person that made the Asma hotel photoshoot video (Shiqah). I appear at 4:17. . . .just saying :P
Oh by the way, Jiuan won the best Female costume!! as expected xDD


Look how bossy she looks like ;X

So yeah, I promised to treat them to excapade to make up for the mistake I did, and also for Ting's belated birthday celebration, and also for becoming an awesome friends just in a few weeks xD

We went to the mall first, but I was late . . . I missed out their karaoke session, I wanna hear!!! D:
and then we went to excapade straightaway, it was full, so we get to wait at the luxurious waiting room with the sofa and big TV. Everyone were so "sakai"...because it's our first time entering the waiting room, didnt know its very comfortable. After a while, we entered the restaurant and ordered our foods, sorry for the low budget "treat" though :P
and then before going back, we decided to take picture =3=


lol we are blocking people that are about to come down ;p


One day, Afifah and Mai posted on facebook, they wanted to meet up at Dewan Bahasa (a public library). . .So I commented on the post that I wanna join, I havent seen Afifah in a year! But then, in the library, Fifah and Mai keep talking about "those" stuffs, and I'm left out xD
And we walked to Yayasan to have our lunch at CAM, and we strolled around the Waterfront.


Me and Fifah doing the typical "peace" pose :P

The scorching heat lead us our way to Coffee Bean to cool ourself down. Thanks for the treat Fifah (for the Ice Blended and CAM Mee Mamak)!!!! we went back to library afterwards and my father picked me up not long after that.

I almost forgot to write, remember I mentioned that our previous cosplay performance was based on Phoenix Wright idea? So I just actually started playing the game few days before the performance xD
It's a really nice game for lawyer wannabes. I've played all the Phoenix Wright games now, just waiting for the second Apollo Justice if it's gonna be released that it :P


This is how the gameplay looks like, I played it on my laptop though. . I dont have a Nintendo DS

. .. . . .. And so the month of Ramadhan arrives, as usual, the first few days/week of fasting feels to be the hardest part xD
After I ate my sahur, I continued playing Phoenix Wright until like, 9am I think :o
After that I went to sleep, but around 12 noon, someone messaged me whether I wanna join for a movie or not :P
Then I replied yes, although my parents somehow doesnt want me to go, since it was the first day of Ramadhan lol x__x
We (me, Mercury and Ping) met at the Mall, and watched Captain America! I rate it 7.5/10, I dunno, just not too bad, not too good either :P

blerghh, I look fugly lolol xD

Ramadhan is not complete without the "Going-out-for-breaking-fast" thingy, or in malay "berbuka/sungkai bersama" (right? o.o) xD
Jiuan invited me to join breaking the fast with the Manganime club members at Capers. I met Farah, Kazuki, Froggy, Abby and lots of other juniors there :o
The food was very nicee!! But I need to go back early, hence I missed the foods that they order after I left lol :(

Photo taken by Farah's Ipad ;D

And then there were another "breaking fast" hangout that was organized by Juw Ydee Johari (facebook name LOL) for the cosplayers ;D
Thanks Mathin for picking me up ;)
and the gathering was held as Aiko Sushi. . .The buffet is around 8 Brunei Dollars, they serve some typical rice and chicken, soto, etc. but only limited (and by limited I mean only 1 type of sushi were served) x__X
But Juw Ydee treated a set of sushi for all the tables, YAYYY thank you veryy muchh!! ^^


Trying to tapau (takeaway) the left over sushi, and the one drooling behind is the organizer xD
(photo credits to scarysoul. . .and also for sending me back on that day :P )

2 days after that, Riku planned to break her fast at Pizza Hut, so we planned and invited Ong and Hanif with us. Sorry Riku, I didnt notice when i Passed by you infront of Best Eastern :PP
We didnt do much, only walked a bit, not enough energy since we were fasting :x
And Riku, thanks for the treat!! I should treat you next time ;)

Riku and Ong, wth are they looking at o.O


Too bad, I didnt get to hangout and break fast with my other gang :(
maybe next holiday. . which is not anytime soon, my November holiday will be taken by my geology field trip =.=

And I registered for Pottermore, thanks to Jiuan for sharing the answer for the second day hint xD
But sorry for not being active nowadays, "someone" introduced me to play Dragon Nest, and now I'm really hooked to it x__X
My Pottermore username is Thornsky55 (I didnt make that up, it's provided from them), so if you are in Pottermore, you can add me up, I will try to be active soon xD

I got sorted to Hufflepuff ;3


I think that pretty much wraps almost all the things that happened during the holiday in Brunei. By the way, not all the pictures above are mine, and sorry if I left out anything o.o
and selamat hari raya (I know it's late xP), happy studying to those who are continuing their studies and goodluck to those that get scholarship to study overseas ;D


Comments

  1. Thanks. The picture of the theme park help me finishing my homework. A thankful student from Malaysia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

As time passes by